Monday, September 8, 2008

I can't breathe!

Well, I can, sort of, but we're to the point of almost finally being ready to go, and there are so many details to take care of that it becomes a little stifling. I have more little scribbled notes and lists of things to pack and prepare than I know what to do with. I should make a list to keep track of my lists...

Actually, we're nearly ready, and we leave tomorrow, so I'm getting pretty excited. Even though it would seem that the first part of this adventure is somewhat less than adventurous, it really is. Sure, we're just driving across the US, but it's the beginning of an epic trip, the first step out the door on a long journey that may well take us places we never knew, and with any luck we'll have some great stories to tell and meet some cool people along the way. We're leaving Tuesday evening after dinner, to make a 1am ferry ride in Nova Scotia on Friday morning. If you live along the route, come out and wave as we roll by.

At this point, we just need to load up the cars and pack up our jackets, beef jerky and Febreeze and we should be good to go. I'll be sure to let y'all know when we get there, but for now I've got to pack!

No comments: