Sunday, September 21, 2008

Woooo (ahem) Hoooo!

A thousand of my humblest apologies for the unseemly delay, but we've been busy since friday morning. First, we had to go off and run the final day of the rally, which went swimmingly (not literally). We finished up the rally in good order, running quickly and smoothly despite some tough conditions. It was really nice to be able to go out and run the stages without any pressure, so we had a lot of fun.

We had so much fun in fact that we went straight to the party at the Keg down at the waterfront in St. John's, and we didn't quit partying until the wee hours of the night. We even made some new local friends in the process, so it was a great evening all together.

Yesterday we went to the charity autocross and watched the factory Dodge Challenger perform some truly excellent burnouts in between completely sideways runs by the factory Group B Audi rally car that was my dream car of the event. It was pretty fun to see a real pro slinging a 450+ horsepower rally car around a tight autocross event.

Last night was the awards gala with its long speeches and other related foofaraw, but I do have some exciting news to report. WE WON SOMETHING!!! Along with Bill Arnold, Alan Ryall and Roy Hopkins and Adrienne Hughes, we are the proud recipients of the Churchill Motor Sports Award for the best placed three car team from the same country. We're bringing back some hardware to the good ol' US of A, so look out. That's actually why I didn't post an update last night, I was busy running around the parking lot waving my new trophy over my head and chanting USA...USA!!! It was pretty demure, but you get the idea. I considered making a gold chain for it so I could wear it around my neck for a while, but I settled for gluing it to the hood of my car I think.

That modesty aside, we did manage to pull out a 17th place finish overall, and 3rd in class 7, so I feel like that's pretty respectable.

At this point, it's time to go home. We're about to load up the truck and head west, so it's time to say thanks and goodbye. We appreciate all the support from our friends and sponsors, and we look forward to getting home and catching up with everyone.

See you soon.

No comments: